Organization Type: University
The Wheelchair Skills Program (WSP) at Dalhousie University, affiliated with the Nova Scotia Health Authority, has developed a set of low-tech, high impact protocols for the assessment and training of wheelchair skills, the Wheelchair Skills Test (WST) and Wheelchair Skills Training Program (WSTP) respectively. These evidence-based materials are freely available online. The website materials have been accessed by users in 185 countries around the world. The WSP Team members are involved in clinical care, education and research in the area of wheelchair provision.
- Our website has been accessed by website users from 182 countries around the world. The website statistics can be seen at
- http://www.wheelchairskillsprogram.ca/eng/webstats.php. In addition, the WSP Team members provide in-country training by invitation.
|Address:||6425 Penn Ave, Suite 401
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- Climatic tests for electrically powered wheelchairs,
- Determination of Dimensions, Mass and Manoeuvering Space,
- Determination of maximum speed, acceleration and deceleration of electrically powered wheelchairs,
- Determination of obstacle-climbing ability of electrically powered wheelchairs,
- Dynamic stability of electrically powered wheelchairs,
- Energy consumption of electrically powered wheelchairs and scooters,
- Measurement of Seating and Wheel Dimensions,
- Static Stability,
- Static, Impact and Fatigue Strengths
This is post content for Testing Center 2. This would be a description of the location.
No upcoming events