The Jandran Welfare Foundation (JWF) is an independent, non-profit, non-Government organization having a team of dedicated professionals giving their services in all over the country devoted to improving the quality of life for peoples by reviving and reinvigorating civil society.
JWF Balochistan was established in 2013. It is registered under the Social Welfare Registration and Control Ordinance 1860. JWF is engaged in participatory research, advocacy campaigning, community awareness mass mobilization, participatory community development and networking for the sustainable livelihood of the poor rural and urban communities by challenging the unsustainable, anti-masses and anti-poor plans, policies and actions. JWF creates awareness among the masses, carries out advocacy campaigns and also suggests pro-people alternative approaches policies and plans. JWF strongly believes in people-centered and people- oriented development processes with the active involvement and participation of the local communities in every walk of life.
We are working towards building human development and peaceful society, where rights of all segments are respected. JWF Balochistan makes contributions in creating a society free of discrimination and exploitation of human rights. We try to change people’s ideas, opinions, and mode of thinking by research, seminars, and publications. We believe on rule of law, free trade, and individual rights. We wish to usher in an intellectual revolution that encourages people to look beyond the obvious, think beyond good intentions, and act beyond activism.
We acknowledge the dignity, diversity, and worth of the people we serve, each other, and our institutions. Each member of the team is committed to acting with honor, honesty, and absolute integrity at all times in dealing with each other, and in dealing with the peoples in humanitarian ground and integrated manner.
Resource mobilization for provision of social services in the field of health, education and natural resource management to the deprived communities;
Promotion of human rights especially( Minorities, women and children rights) through pro-active participation in human rights activities/programs;
Facilitate and encourage target communities to initiate the process of local resource mobilization for income generating activities for self-sufficiency.
• Foster and support activities for integrated; self-reliant and long term development to benefit the disadvantaged (women, children, minorities, laborers etc.) in particular and the whole society in general.
• Mobilize and organize the local communities to empower them take initiatives for their equal and active participation in the development process.
• Promote sustainable livelihood; community based natural resource management and disaster management.
• Promote mutual understanding and integrated efforts through workshops, seminars, dialogues and cornered meetings at gross root level for the promotion of human rights and values.
• Socio- economic uplift of the population through resource management, peoples’ participation and effective partnership with Governmental and Non- Governmental Organizations working in the area.
• Promote and access to quality formal and non-formal education with special focus on women –folk.
• Improve health and hygiene situation.
• Contribution to Institutional Reforms & Good Governance initiatives at grassroots level.
JWF Balochistan envisions healthy, just, educated, socio economically empowered and prosperous communities in Balochistan.
JWF Balochistan works for sustainable livelihood of rural and urban poor communities through service delivery, participatory research, mass social mobilization, advocacy campaigns and networking.
THEMATIC PROGRAM AREAS
• Bring about improvements in state of children thru prevention and mitigation of child labor, child protection and child welfare, • supporting Person With Disabilitiies(PWD)
• Promote women rights, gender equity and prevent violence against women.
• Promote basic education for all, access to quality education, non formal education
• Intervene to improve health and hygiene
• Provide assistance and relief in emergency situations to the effecters.
• Raise awareness regarding key social evils
• Promote peace & tolerance in various segments of the society
• Conduct and promote research and advocate for key issues respectively,
• Institutional development;
• Project development, implementation;
• Financial and administrative management;
• Capacity building of NGOs/CBOs;
• Community awareness;
• Community training;
• Team building and training;
• Rigorous community mobilization;
• Community participation in planning, implementation and monitoring;
• Community organization and strengthening institutionalization process;
• Community-government partnership building; and
• Research and analysis.
ORGANIZATION WORK HISTORY:
JWF Balochistan, since its inception, has been making pragmatic efforts to bring about improvements in the lives of masses through several projects.
No upcoming events