This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Maria Toro Hernandez Maria Toro Hernandez 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tdefayette@gmail.com
    [email protected]
    Participant

Does anyone know of resources that could guide someone to start and operate a small business repairing wheelchairs in a less-resourced country?
    I am a development professional and serve in an organization as a worker and board member assisting persons with developmental disabilities. I have been asked by a young man to assist him with starting a business repairing wheelchairs. He completed provisioning courses and has joined ISWP. He also repairs bicycles and is quite talented. In this country, the privileged generally have minor issues to obtain a wheelchair and get it repaired. For the majority of people who live below or at the poverty level, all sorts of barriers to provisioning exist.
    Based on a market survey, there are few wheelchair-repair shops let alone services to ensure the chair is the right one for the individual.
    I certainly will follow traditional small-business start-up methods but I was wondering if there are guides specific to the wheelchair provisioning small-business sector.
    Thank you,
    Tom

We don’t have access to that type of resource. However, you might find this resource interesting:
    – A market landscape of the wheelchair sector https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b3f6ff1710699a7ebb64495/t/5e43f7377bcc822d982ec7de/1581512507415/ATscale_PN-Wheelchairs_a11y.pdf

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.